What happens at a typical Wine Club meeting?
You will come in to the Shoppe or Mazzara's and be greeted by one of our staff to receive your seating assignment. You will see tables set for a sit-down style wine tasting. We will serve five tastings of wine perfectly paired with waiter-served small food bites. While you are enjoying the tastings of wine & food, a speaker will present the wine and give details about the selection, tasting profiles, and vineyard you are enjoying. There will also be time for you to mingle with those at your table between tastings.
The tables are setup and assigned as a first-come first-served basis. If you would like to sit with a specific person or persons, please let us know in the notes section of your event signup when you make your reservation online and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Our ample wine list menu will be available to everyone at the beginning and end of each meeting, and we encourage you to start your tasting off with your favorite Church Street Wine Shoppe selection.
Occasionally, but not always, we will offer the evening’s wines by the glass at the end of the meeting.
ALL wines tasted are available for sale by the bottle at the end of the meeting. As we are always looking for unique or exclusive wines, we may not stock these wines or have them available after the month of the tasting, and so purchasing bottles at Wine Club is encouraged.
How can I reserve a wineclub meeting?
Wine Club members can attend one meeting per month and we will give you several dates to choose from on the Events Calendar.
You will receive an email from Wine Club informing you of the dates for the month and the wines to be tasted.
- Click on the “Club Express” icon in the email
- Log in using your username and password
- Click on Event Calendar
- Click on the Date you would like to attend wine club
- Click on the “Register” icon
- Click on “sign up yourself” and follow the prompts
How do I make special requests (i.e. How do I sit with my group?)
When you register for a meeting, there is a text box where you can type in special requests before completing your booking. This is where you can let us know who you would like to sit with or if you have any food allergies - please be sure to note any requests at this time.
How often do I get to attend a Wine Club Meeting?
We will give you several dates to choose from, but Wine Club members can only attend one meeting per month. Meeting days consist of Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesdays.
You will receive an email blast from Church Street Wine Shoppe the month prior alerting you to the meeting dates for the following month. That email will include instructions on how to sign up for a meeting online.
Will there be a Guest Speaker at my Wine Club meeting?
The Wine Club email blast will also advise members regarding the date of the meeting that the guest speaker will attend. (Please note that occasionally we will have a guest speaker for two nights depending on their travel plans.)
It is our goal to have a guest speaker every month, but this isn’t always possible. We guarantee a guest speaker every quarter and members are guaranteed to attend a meeting with the guest speaker once per quarter. You may sign up to see the guest speaker on any given month, but if that meeting fills up and you have seen the speaker in the past two months, you may be asked to reschedule your meeting day. This is to ensure every member has the same chance to see a guest speaker. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience.
What if I cannot attend a wineclub meeting I've been accepted for?
If you cannot make it to a meeting that you have reserved, please let us know 48 hours prior to your event date by visiting your Events Calendar and canceling your event, or contacting us at email@example.com or 256-970-4097. If we do not receive at least 48 hours notice of your cancellation or if you do not show up to your booked meeting without any notice, you will not be able to rebook another meeting for that month and will lose that month from your membership.
How much is Wine Club to Join or Renew Wine Club?
New members joining Wine Club from 2021 forward will pay a membership of $289.00.
Renewing members will pay according to the following:
- If you were a member from 2018 uninterrupted (through COVID), you will pay a membership renewal of $289.00 starting with your renewal in 2022.
Note: With the 9% tax the total comes out to $315.01
Can I cancel my membership before the end of my term?
We do not accept any mid-term cancellations.
If you have extenuating circumstances, you may contact Church Street Family and discuss this on a case-by-case basis.
I have a special circumstance and I cannot attend Wine Club, what can I do?
We understand that life can bring extenuating circumstances that might restrict you from being able to attend and enjoy the Church Street Family's Wine Club. If you find yourself needing to place your membership on hold, please contact us by calling 256-652-0685 or emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and we will discuss how you can put your membership on hold and resume when you are able. When you are ready to return, simply contact us and we will reinstate your membership.
What happens at a wine club pop-up event?
Pop-up events can be anything from sit-down dinners, to pop-up tastings in special locations, special fundraising events or any type of event the Church Street Family wants to share with their members exclusively!
Should I tip my server at the wine club meetings?
It is your personal preference to tip your servers but please note gratuity IS NOT included in your membership fee. The servers are providing table service and if you are ordering food and wine during the meeting it is customary to tip.
What else should I know for Wine Club?
- Wine Club is a pre-selected menu and we are not responsible for food allergies/preferences. If you have a food allergy please tell us ahead of time and we will do our best to accommodate it, but we cannot guarantee anything and our kitchen is not free from cross-contamination.
- Please arrive a few minutes before the meeting so you have time to take your seats and order food (if you wish to) before the meeting begins. We start at 4:00pm on Sundays and 6:00pm sharp Monday, Tuesday and Wednesdays.
- You are still welcome to tip your server should you wish to (your membership fee does not include gratuity).
- If someone in your group has booked to attend Wine Club but does not show up, another member may NOT eat/drink that person's share as well.
- We ask that members not wear strong perfume or cologne to meetings as it affects the aroma and palate of the wine.
What are the rules on bringing a guest to Wine Club?
Wine Club members get one guest pass per year of membership.
If your guest joins the Wine Club after attending the meeting, you will get your guest pass back to use again that year. Guest passes do not carry over from one year to another.
If your guest does not join the Wine Club after attending, then your guest pass is ‘used’ and you cannot bring another guest to a meeting for the rest of your membership term. There is no option for guests to attend and pay per meeting.
If you cannot attend a meeting, a guest cannot go in your place (see above guidelines for guest). There are no substitutions for memberships.
What benefits do I receive once I sign up to be a Wine Club member?
Besides your monthly meetings with tasting and pairings, your annual guest pass and your quarterly guest speaker(winemaker, vineyard owner, or wine educator) you will also receive:
- ALL wines tasted are available for a discounted sale price by the bottle at the end of the meeting. As we are always looking for unique or exclusive wines, we may not stock these wines or have them available after the month of tasting, and so purchasing bottles at Wine Club is encouraged.
- 5% off wine purchases throughout the year (10% off for cases) - This includes by the glass wine purchases, as well as bottle purchases.
- Early invites with first opportunity for a reservation to all Church Street Wine Shoppe’s events, as well as our exclusive events open solely to Wine Club members.
- Free pop-up wine tastings through-out the year.
Note: NO mandatory bottle sales or minimums are required!
How do I renew and/or pay my membership fee?
All membership fees, purchases, and renewals must be done on the club express website. We cannot accept payments on premise.
Who do I contact about joining Wine Club?
Please contact our Wine Club Manager: